Thursday, 24 March 2016

Kari Christensen Kai Kristiansen

You can't know everything.  The more research I do for the goodies we find for Space the more I realise how little I know

This caused me a little confusion so I'll put it out there for any others as slow as I am!




Kai Kristiansen is a well known Danish furniture designer who worked through the 1950's and 1960's very much in the style of what we now call Mid Century Modern.
Here's a great page with examples of his work Kai Kristiansen





Kari Christensen is another Dane, less well known but, amongst other things, a designer for Royal Copenhagen in the 1960's being responsible for a large part of their retro styled Aluminia range. Here's the lidded jar that led me to her and a link to it on our site Kari Christensen Jar

Plus one is a man and one is a woman so that's different too



There is also a (Canadian?) graphic artist currently working called Kari Kristensen and a sci-fi artist called Kari Christensen and....well maybe it's just an artistic name?

No comments:

Post a Comment